Information for foreign students and professors
Documents that you should have during your stay in the Russian Federation territory
You may stay and move freely within the Russian Federation territory if you are sure to have with you the following documents:
- National passport with the valid visa;
- Migration card with the border crossing mark;
- Tear-off part of the notice form of arrival to the Russian Federation with the mark of FMS regional office certifying the migration registration.
You must show the above documents to the law-enforcement authorities (police) in case of identity check.
Exit from the Russian Federation and re-entry
For visa countries
If you leave the Russian Federation without a multiple-entry visa you may re-enter Russia only with the new single-entry visa. Before leaving you must notify the International Centre of PSHPU about your departure. Upon the entry into Russia you should be subject to the initial migration registration as described in section “Entry into the Russian Federation and initial migration registration”.
If you have a multiple-entry visa then upon return to Russia (e.g. after vacations) you should immediately, within one working day, visit the International Centre of the University and submit all the documents required for the migration registration for the previous time period.
Documents that you should have with you:
- Original of identity document (passport).
- Copy of identity document (passport) (ALL PAGES) with its validity period. You must also have An additional copy of pages with photograph and surname, pasted-in visa and (if any) border crossing mark.
- Original of migration card with border crossing mark.
- Copy of migration card with border crossing mark.
- Standard application form for migration registration.
- Filled-in arrival notice form.
For visa-free countries
If you leave the Russian Federation (for instance, for vacation) and entered Russia again, you should be subject to the initial migration registration as described in section “Entry into the Russian Federation and initial migration registration”. Before leaving you must notify the International Centre of PSHPU about your departure.
Loss of passport, arrival notice form or migration card:
If your passport, arrival notice form and/or migration card were lost or stolen, don’ worry, they can be restored.
- If your passport was lost (or stolen)
First you should address the police department and get an official note certifying the loss of the documents.
After that the Embassy of your country will prepare the new identity document (passport).
Upon the reception of the new passport you’ll have to submit it to the International Centre of PSHPU along with the documents required for the further procurement of visa and new notice form of foreign citizen arrival.
- If your arrival notice form and/or migration card were lost (or stolen)
You should address the International Centre of PSHPU and fill in the application for document reissuance.
Responsibility and penalty for violation of entry and stay regulations
- came to Russia having violated the procedure of crossing the state border of the Russian Federation,
- were not registered in time at the place of your residence,
- did not leave upon the expiration of the authorized period of stay in the Russian Federation,
- are employed illegally,
- provided incorrect or false information about yourself during migration registration,
then as per article 25.10 of Federal law No.114-FZ dated 15.08.1996 “On the procedure for exit from the Russian Federation and entry into the Russian Federation”, your stay on the territory of the Russian Federation is illegal and you are personally liable in accordance with the Code of the Administrative Offences of the Russian Federation: Articles 18.18.1, 18.18.2, 18.10, 19.27.1. An administrative fine in the amount of from two to five thousand roubles.